When Intervention Meets Addiction Treatment
Wits Inn Wits Inn Interventions & Taking A Trip Travel Services of Orange County, California at: www.wirecovery.com
Millions of people are affected by the drinking or drug use with someone close to them.
The following twenty questions are designed to help you decide whether or not you need
professional help to intervene & stop the obsessive behavior and end the cycle of addiction
that is hurting them & you.
1. Do you worry about how much someone else drinks or uses drugs?
2. Do you have money problems because someone else is drinking, using?
3. Do you tell lies to cover up for someone else’s drinking or using?
4. Do you feel that if he loved you, he would stop, to please you?
5. Do you blame the bad behavior on the companions?
6. Are plans frequently upset, or cancelled, or meals delayed?
7. Do make threats, such as. “If you don’t stop. I’ll leave you”
or make you move out?
8. Do you secretly try to smell the drinker’s breath or check the drug users eyes?
9. Are you afraid to upset someone for fear it will set off a binge?
10. Have you been hurt or embarrassed by a drinker or user’s behavior?
11. Are holidays and gatherings spoiled because of drinking or drugs use?
12. Have you considered calling the police for help in fear of abuse?
13. Do you search for hidden alcohol, drugs, or clues of bad behavior?
14. Do you often ride in a car with a driver who has been drinking or using?
15. Have you refused social invitations out of fear of anxiety?
16. Do you sometimes feel like a failure when you think of the lengths
you have gone to control the drinker or drug user?
17. Do you think that, if they were sober, your other problems would be solved?
18. Do you ever threaten to hurt yourself to scar the drug user or drinker?
19. Do you feel angry, confused, or depressed most of the time?
20. Do you feel there is no one who understands your problems?
What’s your score?
Did you answer YES three or more times? If so, YOU are personally, probable
in trouble with co-dependency issues. Living with Addiction & Alcoholism is
a dangerous, depressing situation.
Co-dependency is a very painful out of control existence. Denial of the severity
of the problem is very common. Yes the addict & alcoholic in your life, is making
YOU sick and less than YOUR best self. (Al-anon is a powerful tool or the family
program associated with Narcotics Anonymous.
INTERVENTION IS THE FIRST STEP OF RECOVERY
Addiction is a disease of the body, mind, and spirit. Recovery brings hope… 949-292-2000 | www.wirecovery.com | Orange County, California